The new Apollo TE510A series of alphanumeric transmitters offers the same overall features as the original TE210A, but with a more durable housing and a soft rubberized keypad with bright white keys for improved visibility. The TE510A Plus adds a wider operating range, available in UHF only. A single TE510A Plus will cover all frequencies in the UHF band.
The TE510A Plus WB provides full alphanumeric in-house paging via an easy-to-operate desktop unit with a full external keyboard. It features a rugged, compact design, about half the size of a small laptop computer. Paging is as easy as inputting a pager number, entering an optional message, and pressing “send.”
The TE510A series supports full alphanumeric, numeric, and “alert-only” paging (aka “call-only” or “tone-only” paging with no written message). When paging numeric and alphanumeric pagers, users can compose messages on-the-fly or choose from 99 custom programmed canned messages.
Because it adheres to standard paging protocols, the TE510A is compatible with virtually any POCSAG pager, including all Apollo alphanumerics, numerics, LED signs, desktop pagers, and simplified staff and guest call pagers, from traditional clip on pagers to coasters, disks, and paddles. This makes the TE510A suitable for any new in-house paging system, or for an existing fleet of pagers, regardless of type.
Other features include:
- Support for up to 899 pagers;
- Powerful 1 watt output (roughly equivalent to 1/2 mile coverage in unobstructed open space), for more than ample coverage in typical indoor applications (may also be paired with an Apollo repeater or amplifier where additional coverage is needed);
- An RJ45/8P8C “dry contact” input jack for custom wiring of up to 7 external devices such as door and window sensors. When a sensor or similar external device is tripped, the TE510A can automatically page a corresponding pager with a custom “alarm” message. The status of external devices can also be checked at any time, making the TE510A a unique tool for facilities monitoring or other custom applications;
- External control via the onboard RS-232 port, for controlling a TE210A from external paging software or hardware using a wide variety of industry-standard paging control protocols.
The TE510A brings affordable in-house paging — with no recurring costs — to a wide range of industries and applications, including:
- Any service desk;
- Healthcare facilities (hospitals, doctors offices, care homes, patient or resident common areas and waiting areas);
- Schools, colleges, and universities;
- Restaurants, lounges, bars, and coffee shops;
- Hotels, resorts, and casinos;
- Large residential complexes
- Warehouses, loading docks, shipping and storage yards;
- Shopping malls;
- Automotive dealers and service centers.
When ordering, choose any model with an operating range that includes your intended paging frequency.